Such resolve!!! Well it didn't amount to much. I've thought about plenty of stuff but its not quite made it all the way onto the blog and I never got the subdom hosting thing sorted so we are still here in blogspot land.
I've become a bit addicted to Wikipedia recently, I've been looking up pretty much any stuff that comes into my head, here's some stuff I learnt from Wikipedia (apologies if you knew them already or if you just don't find them interesting):-
Music
Music genius BT had his daughter abducted by his former partner Ashley Duffy. ABC news report
Little boots took her name from that of the Roman Emperor Caligula, whose name comes from "little soldier's boot"
Many fans are disappointed with Divided by Night (The Crystal Method 2009), according to the iTunes reviews; many of them think that The Crystal Method is "going mainstream" by having many pop singers as guest vocalists – saying that it's not a real album by the band because many of the songs do not incorporate The Crystal Method's signature breakbeat sound.
Sport
Ashley Cole is an idiot (not from Wiki) and is a distant cousin of Mariah Carey (from Wiki)
AC Milan was founded in 1899 by English lace-maker Herbert Kilpin, Alfred Edwards, and four other Englishmen
The sport of skeleton can be traced back to 1882, when British soldiers in Switzerland constructed a toboggan track between the cities of Davos and Klosters.
Aged twelve, Chemmy Alcott broke her neck in a skiing accident, recovering with two of her vertebrae fused together.
Local Info
George Osborne is heir to the Osborne baronetcy of Ballentaylor, County Tipperary, Ireland.[2] This makes him a part of what is known in Ireland as the Ascendancy, the old Anglo-Irish aristocracy. (he lives in Rainow thats why its local)
Peter Kenyon attended my school, King's Macc, and the motto is nil nisi malis terrori - 'No terror, except to the bad'. Never knew that
Other
the popularity of Bordeaux wines increased dramatically following the marriage of Henry Plantagenet and AliĆ©nor d’Aquitaine. The marriage made the province of Aquitaine English territory, and thenceforth the majority of Bordeaux was exported
During the seige of the Vatican embassy in Panama U.S. forces played loud music in front of the embassy in an attempt to draw out Noriega. Apparently it was Guns And Roses Welcome to the Jungle
I think I'm supposed to cite Wikipedia, but I couldn't work out their crazy nonsense. Anyway its all stuff from wikipedia
and if you thought this post was low on idiocy then watch Kanye West, surely if Obama calls you a jackass you really know you're plumbing the depths. Here he decides that he should win the MTV eurpoean music award for best video because his video cost $1M to make and has pam anderson in it. Simian's video was certainly my faviourite.
Next time out I predict the future of future prediction, but for now a quick prediction... expect intermittant postings here as the next generation of our family makes her way into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment