Thursday, March 10, 2005

"I like thinkin' me"

I heard from a long and hitherto lost friend* today and it made me sit up and think. I was of course sat down at my desk when this happened, so sitting up was no great effort and I accomplished it easily, but I am getting somewhat off topic. My physical disposition is immaterial; it was my thought process that was important. So I thought from my lofty (9th floor) perch how far we have come, by that I don?t mean mankind, or since we lived in caves, but thinking much more locally. From humble-ish beginnings how far spread we are, how successful and influential we are.
I know that as you sit (up or down) at your desk this doesn?t seem to be the case, but take a moment now to stop, think, reward yourself and say (in the words of Jeb Barltlett) ?What?s Next?

Listen to BFBS Radio 1 whilst you read this and think of our boys overseas.

*I am trying to be a bit clever, but anyone half as pedantic as me will notice that it should be long lost and not long and lost, but for the purposes of this prose I will leave it in. Disclaimer: this does not reflect on any physical dimension of the person in question, who I haven?t seen for quite some years and even when we did know each other well we never had a tape measure handy.

No comments: