Lots to write about. I guess I was spurred to write having read the manc?s live journal (hint) which is very interesting at the moment.
Irish Pubs
Well The Manc seems to be having a mixed time in Bermuda, it seems there are some similarities between Bermuda and Germany, a shutdown on bank holidays, deep seated racism (and therefore intolerance of outsiders) and Irish bars.
Thank fuck for the Irish. Where would the world be without them? In every bolthole throughout the world there is an irish pub where you can forget how far from home you are, and I don?t mean to say that Ireland is home, but Irish bars feel like home now. Its kind of like a cultural decompression chamber (no disprespect intended). It doesn?t matter how weird life is outside, once you have a green carpet under your feet, wood-panelled walls around you, a pint of Guinness in hand and the irish rover (or whatever) in your ears, you are suitably desensitised, and can breathe easily, despite the old bike hanging from the roof, the black and white photos of a Donegal noone remembers, etc. I have been to Irish pubs in quite a few interesting places on most continents, and they seem to occupy a space outside of normal spacetime, maybe this is the next dimension!
I imagine that as human kind spreads through the solar system / galaxy / universe Irish pubs will materialise at each milestone (or lightyear marker). I am not sure the mechanics of pouring the perfect pint of Guinness in zero gravity, but I am sure that someone in Dublin is working on it.
Fish/Duck Boy
I saw this guy on the train tonight that looked like a cross between a duck and a fish, what should I therefore call him a dish? Or a fuck? Anyway dish/fuck-boy gave me the most dispproving look, through his dreads (well I say dreads but infact I guess in about six years they will be dreads, at the moment he has the hear of his head divided into sections with tiny coloured little clips just like a little girl would wear), and an unlit fag was hanging from his lip, since we were on the train, and no matter how rebellious you are here, you are a german and therefore law abiding first and foremost. So I had a laugh at dish/fuck-boy?s expense, and got evils back in return. So I left the train at my stop, and noticed that the only person to get off with me was? Yes dish/fuck-boy. Now I was a little worried, because its one thing to exchange hostile glances down the length of a U-bahn and another to be the only two people on a station platform at 23:30. So I made my way up to ground level at a brisk but steady pace, he was hot on my heels the whole way, I broke into the sodium lit night and glanced behind me only to confirm he was right there and now he knew I knew he was there. Then I saw my escape route, I headed straight towards the road. He was by now dogging (NO) my every step, and just as he expected to grab me I did the last thing he would have thought of,?. I crossed the empty road on a red light. Ha ha, what genius, I attained the far side of the road laughed at him and quickly disappeared into the night. A narrow escape!!!
I had intended to write about
Irritating Germans
Irritating England
Locke
But since I am tired and lazy, or lazy and tired (you decide) I will just report on tonight?s match:
England v Azerbyjian Venue: Tir Na Nog KO: 20:45
Lots of chances, pretty entertaining, pretty disappointing, so all in all a normal England game, Can?t think that any player was exceptionally good or bad. Though I do get sick of England playing like some kind of boy?s club and passing to the player who is going to make their landmark goal etc. Last time out it was Shaun Wright Phillips, today Owen, and god knows Owen doesn?t need help in scoring.
Also irritating, the Azers falling over at every tackle, like they had been shot, for fuck?s sake it?s a contact sport, not ballet. And booking Beckham for playing with one shoe, I mean come on.
So I?ll save the irritating Germans and Locke for another time.
Music not to listen to whilst reading this anything by Mr Robbie Williams ? I just heard three back to back tracks by the man and that?s more than anyone should be expected to withstand.
Better to listen to: Death in Vegas
No comments:
Post a Comment