Sunday, March 13, 2005

Lonely Sunday Afternoon

Another week grinds to it?s conclusion and a new one is about to start, This next week looks very very very busy, with lots of important things to accomplish, and then my holiday, Aaaaaaaaaaaah.
The weekend has been very quiet, no real idiocy to report, but a couple of frustrations.
I) the rude kaufhof woman. Whilst buying some provisions at the celebrated department store, I attempted to ask the cashier for a carrier bag, she objected to my interruption to her conversation with another checkout jockey, and ignored me until her conversation then turned to me and spat out ?Was hast Du gesagt??* as if I had insulted her mother. Anyway I replied ?Gar nichts!? and left leaving her with all my shopping. I felt very remorseful at being such an inconvenience to the poor woman.
II) broken Tomb Raider. Lara has been entertaining me with her adventures through Angel of Darkness, and especially since I have some dodgy german version in which the dialogue is not only not synchronised with the cutscenes, the voices are speeded up by a factor of at least two, so the suspense is ruined by lara and fellows sounding more like morph (from tony hart programme fame). This isn?t so bad, but increasingly I was finding that Lara was getting stuck, eg. Gravity stops working when she was jumping from one place to another, so she is left hanging in mid air!!! Finally I got to one point (in the warehouse in Prague) where she has to jump down an air conditioning duct, and the whole thing crashed, with a ?Structure Game Exception? error. Well thank god it was a structured I would have hated to have wasted hours getting to this point to have it end with an unstructured game exception!

I started writing this listening to Thievery Corporation Lebanese Blonde, and ended it listening to BT (featuring Kirsty Hawkshank) Dreaming. No Hyperlinks today as I am offline today.

More soon, but beware, it?s a busy week coming up and then mercifully holiday so?..

* For those non-german speaking readers Du is the informal mode of address, something I am not bothered with, but I think her use of it was intended as an insult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank your lucky stars that it was a Structure Game Exception and not an Access Violation. You could get banged up for an access violation of Lara in Germany. Probably.