...Bored of Life"
Well I'm bored of Düsseldorf, I don't know what that means.
Although I am starting to thing that fate is trying to tell me that I shouldn't leave for the following reasons.
Two weekends ago after I had made my mind up to leave, I happened to bump into three different people as I was bimbling around the city, something which has only happened once or twice in the whole time I have been here, and so we had a quick chat and it was very pleasant. But I got to thinking that this is a pleasant thing to happen and something that may only occur once in a lifetime in London. (in fact often despite plans, numerous emails, text messages and smoke signals people still seem to be unable to meet up)
The last night as I went into the pub, three of the staff greeted me cheerily, and one asked if I wanted a Guinness, to which I replied "of course" and carried on without breaking my stride to the basement to the big screen TV where the Swede (Swedes in fact) had reserved a seat for me. My Guinness followed me down accompanied by the unusually playful waitress! Now if thats not service I don't know what is. This was the closest I have ever come to a "Norm" moment*
*From the popular '80s sit com Cheers where the over large accountant Norm (George Wendt) upon entering the bar would always be greeted by a resounding cheer of his name and a cold frothing beer.
Read whilst trying not to listen to people leaving work whilst you have to stay late to compensate for your incompetant colleague who has destroyed your whole day's work, thanks dude
1 comment:
Who's this playful waitress?
And I believe that I was also involved in the 'bimbling around'. Why is it that my presence is never mentioned in these blogs?
Readers, please note that I do indeed exist.
That's all I have to say on the matter.
Post a Comment