I had a very mixed day with a bit of a disaster towards the end (the details of which are pretty unimportant), but what I really felt like after my first week of work in 2005 was going to the pub and drinking a lot of beer. BUT its January and I'm trying to treat my body to a holiday from excess, and so I settled for a diet cola, now my girlfriend tells me that this is worse than drinking beer, but I don't listen. (In fact someone else once told me that diet cola is so bad that the only way to dispose of it is to pour it down disused mine shafts, I have just checked google and can't find any corroboration of this, though http://www.blacktable.com/gillin040317.htm looks very interesting!!!!)
Back to the point, I saw on MSN a link about how healthy detox is, so I clicked and was taken another page which linked to the actual topic, the article was typical, limited info and common sense, because the world is so dumb. Advice like "diets involving drinking only drinking water can be bad for you and are not recommended", yep thats why we evolved with teeth!
The point is though that this banal advice was located under the WOMEN section of MSN. Now I don't know but that makes me think. a) should men not be worried about diet, detox, health etc.? b) if I am wanting to know more about a subject in the MSN WOMEN section does that make me less of a man? c) is health conscience the sole domain of women? d) why is there no MSN Men section.
MSN UK has the following sections: Auctions from eBay Cars Computing & Tech Dating & Personals Entertainment Games HoroscopesJobs MobileMoney National LotteryNews & Weather Property Public ServicesShopping Sport from SkySports Travel Women
Why is there no men section, or should we just leap straight to www.FHM.com (not safe for work).
recommended music for this blog entry> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?r1blueroomsun
No comments:
Post a Comment