Saturday, January 08, 2005

Taxing Issues

AAAArrrrghhh

It is January and I have to complete my tax return 2003/04 before the end of the year.
Now the TV commercial says "Tax needn't be taxing", but...
in August I downloaded all the forms I needed and started to complete them, only to find that I needed a special reference, I emailed and rang the relevant people and they told me that I didn't need to file a self assessment, but that I did need to return an expatriation form, etc.
In October (after the first self assessment deadline) they sent me a self assessment form (minus one relevant section) and told me I needed to complete this, but that I had missed the first deadline, but I could complete it online or do the maths myself on paper.
Now I had to collect together all the paperwork and start, so I set myself the date of 27/12/04 to complete the online form, but then (and admittedly only then because I had not done anytthing with it) I found that you need to register for an online completion, and they (IR) send you a user id and PIN in the post, therefore I couldn't complete it at that point and had to wait until I got back to Germany.
Now I am here and am trying again and feeling pretty good about it, only to find out that I have forgotten my password, (my fault I know), so I request a new password, but they have to send that in the post, aaarrgh and I can't use my account until I use this new password which is on its way to me. AAAAAaaarrrgh. So I am back to completing the paper copy which I could have done in August.
Tax doesn't have to be taxing! Ha

No comments: